Thursday 19 April 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #107

Hello there, I'm popping in with a quick little reminder about our current challenge at TIME OUT. 





Its all about Spring for this challenge and if your also feeling in the mood, a one-layer challenge as well. You could use Spring colours, spring stamps...basically whatever brings 'Spring' to mind for you, you can go with it!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Uniko and they are giving a free stamp set to the winner of this challenge!!



For my card I went super simple and one-layer. I had a new Uniko stamp set to use and really wanted that to be the star of the design:


When I think of Springtime, I think of all the new flowers that are starting to pop out and all their beautiful colours, after a grey Winter. Its my favourite time of the year. And usually the butterflies start flitting about too, which is wonderful to see.

I really wanted to do one-layer but with lots of colour, so I grabbed on to my Distress Oxide inks and blended away on the card front until I was happy with the colours. It took quite a while actually as I didn't want some of them to become all brown/grey looking (as some colours don't mix well) but so happy with the finished card.

To add a bit of interest I flicked the card with some water, waited a few seconds and then sponged up the liquid with a tissue. Its such a simple but effective technique!! All I had to do then was to stamp the butterfly and sentiment from Uniko 'English Country Garden - Butterflies' with black ink. I didn't even add any sequins as I think there's enough going on already.

I'm going to link this to the Scrapbook Boutique April Challenge as my card fits the mood board perfectly.



Will also add to The Cats Pajama's April Challenge #345 where their theme is also 'Spring'.


You have until Wednesday 25th April to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge. And if your looking for any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Kimberly of Wienerhoneymooners has created for you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. Incredible color, Sho, just gorgeous & that butterfly looks right at home where it landed. I see a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the distress oxides and this is such a sweet card. Looks great with the simple stamped butterfly.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have done so many different "styles" for our moodboard! clever girl and they are all so pretty! I struggle with ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another entry Shona! Well, I hope that means that you love our mood boards, and if so, we are so happy we have inspired you! A gorgeous card - thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and dreamy, Shona ... that delicate butterfly is lovely against the fabulous blending! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, butterflies truly make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Shona. I love the rainbow background - beautifully done. Love the simplicity of the butterfly and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rainbow look, great ink blending! The design is great too -love how the colors join in the middle under the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete