Friday 7 July 2017

Little Tangles Challenge # 82

Hi there everybody!! Hope your all having a good week and for all my friends on the otherside of the world, I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day and 4th of July!! Its another month which means its time for a new challenge theme at Little Tangles:

That's right, this month we want you to do some 'Masking' on your project. You could do this with washi, masking paper or maybe some of those new masking fluids that are around. Its totally up to you. And remember to please use a Neat and Tangled product on your project too!

I'll be honest with you, I've never been too confident with 'Masking'. Half the time I smudge the images or don't stamp hard enough. Luckily I now have some masking paper from Inkadinkado which helped me a lot:


I thought with my lack of confidence it would be better to mask a smaller image. It became quite tricky with my placement as I had to make 4 masks but I managed not to ruin anything this time, so very happy indeed!!

I started off by stamping the envelope image from 'My Favourite Nut' randomly on a piece of white CS. I then made 4 masks using the Masking Paper and used them on the envelopes I wanted to stamp over. Once I was happy with my design I coloured in some of envelopes with two different shades of pink pencil, and also all the acorns. The panel was cut down to size and put on foam tape on the card front.

I stamped the squirrel image on some white CS and coloured him with different shades of brown pencil. After fussy cutting him out, I put him on foam tape too. The sentiment was stamped in black on a strip of white CS, put on foam tape and I glued on a few co-ordinating sequins for a bit of shine. 

All of the stamp images I used were from 'My Favourite Nut'  and the sequins are also from Neat and Tangled.





You have until Thursday 27th July to link your projects to the Little Tangles challenge and if you need any ideas with regards to 'Masking', pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have made for you. They are experts!! Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and sweet card! With top-notch masking, I might add. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, Shona!! Your masking is spot-on, and I love this design. That squirrel is adorable, and all those little letters provide a fun background for him. Clever to make some of the envelopes pink, too. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would guess you have trouble masking, Shona! I thin your card has turned out so well, so cute and adorable, with just the perfect CAS look and colors! Love it!! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Shona...just love your sweet card. All those wonderful little letters with the sweet acorn on the back, too cute!

    ReplyDelete