Wednesday 17 May 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #2 for May

Hi there everybody and welcome to my second 'Girl Friday' post for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for the month of May!!








For my card this month I decided to go crazy with one of the older 'Fri-dies' which is still an absolute favourite of mine:


You know how much I love a rainbow of colour on my cards and this design came to me when I was getting in the washing one afternoon. Its crazy where my mind wanders to sometimes......LOL!

This created a huge mess on my floor but it was so much fun to make and I'm in love with the end result!

I started by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front. I then used the strip of heart dies from the 'Funfetti Fri-Dies'  set and cut out each strip down the middle of the panel. I'll admit they aren't exactly straight, I tried my best but it could have been a lot worse. And you can just imagine how many white hearts I had all over my dark grey carpet!! I then added foam tape along each outer edge. I wasn't able to support the panel in the middle so it isn't a card I would want to post but hand delivering it would be fine.

On the card front itself I used my mini-blending tool and 8 different Distress Inks to create this rainbow panel. All I had to do then was pop the die-cut panel over-top, add the sentiment on some foam tape too (from 'Pretty Posies' ) and adhere some clear sequins from the 'Sistahood Sparkle - Limited Edition' sequin mix by Pretty Pink Posh. This card totally makes me smile!!




If your thinking of purchasing any of the products I used on my card or are buying anything else from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps please don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15% on your purchase!!

 

Thank you so much for stopping by and I really hope you liked my card. Hopefully it will inspire you to create a rainbow on your next card or do something repetitive with a die-cut. It makes a mess but you will love the final result. 

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. If your mind wanders to this beauty we'll all follow it anywhere. You just keep knocking out these amazing little pieces of art all the time...then scatter them like seeds for us all to enjoy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete