Thursday 18 May 2017

Altenew May Inspiration Challenge - Entry # 3

I'm back!!! Dinner is over, kids are fed and watered and dishes even done, so time to show you all my third entry to the Altenew Inspiration  challenge for May!





I showed you all a card here  a few hours ago and the leftovers from that one turned into this card:


I just couldn't bring myself to throw away all the leftover die-cut pieces so with a bit of glue and fussy cutting, this new design was created!!

Firstly I die-cut the background die from white CS and glued to the card front. On the previous card I die-cut the middle of this die from a pink paint chip and was left with the flower frame. I fussy cut it away from the rest of the die and trimmed the petals. I flipped it over, put the leftover dark pink petals into place and used washi tape on the back to hold them in. I also glued on a small square of the green CS over the middle of the flower so the green would show through. The flower was then popped up on foam tape in the middle of the card.

I took the Tonic Nuvo Drops in White and added droplets to the flower for some embellishment and did a very simple sentiment in black, popped on some foam tape. I love how it turned out and can just imagine it in so many colour combos!!!

The background die is from Altenew 'Layered Medallions Cover Die B'. The sentiment is also from Altenew, it was a freebie from a card making magazine last year.

Time now to catch up with the kids some more, get them into bed and then go to bed myself so I can carry on watching Season 4 of 'House of Cards'. Its such an incredible show and Season 5 comes out May 30th. I didn't think I would like having Netflix but boy oh boy its magnificent!! 

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. You make me want to get out my layered dies and start playing (again)! Yet another wonderful card and an inspiration Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning my dear friend! Love all the gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, Shona...they just keep coming out of your fertile mind and fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, Shona...they just keep coming out of your fertile mind and fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love your geometric theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Clever amazing idea. It really bring smiles..

    ReplyDelete