Friday 28 April 2017

Calling All Sistah's - April Reminder

I'm finally back!!! After having our internet suddenly disappear on Good Friday morning, we are finally connected again with the world!! Our whole family really struggled with no internet. It meant no blogging, no Instagram, no Netflix, no Playstation Network (for Max) and no asking Uncle Google countless questions I couldn't answer. We did reacquaint ourselves with boardgames and old dvd's but it wasn't quite the same. 

So I'm back in the saddle and trying to catch up with everything I missed during this time, which includes the exciting news about the new Calling All Sistah's Blog!!




Instead of having a blog hop each month on the 17th, everyone now has the chance to link projects to the new blog challenge. Please pop over to the new blog HERE and make sure you subscribe so you don't miss out each month. Its a fabulous idea and all starts on May 17/18!!

Unfortunately my poor card was on the very first blog post and my permalink took you nowhere, so now I finally have the internet I can write this post:


We had a theme this month of 'Flowers' so of course I grabbed my favourite Full On Floral  background stamp. I heat embossed it in white on a piece of water colour CS. I then used five different shades of pink distress inks and my mini-blending tool to colour different spots, eventually blending them slightly into each other. I spent a bit of time then fussy cutting the stamped image out and popped it up on foam tape.

For the sentiment I stamped the phrase from the BE stamp set in grey pigment ink (by Mama Elephant) on a piece of white CS die-cut with the small square die from Funky Square Tag Fri-Dies. So it wasn't so stark against the pink background, I used the mini-blending tool and added some pink to the edges. This was then put on foam tape, along with some sequins from the Sistahood Sparkle 'Limited Edition' sequin mix.





If your interested in any of the products I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15% on your shopping!!

 

I really hope you had a chance to do a self-breast check on the 17th and if not, why not take some time right now to do it. You won't regret it, especially if you find something not quite right. Early detection can make such a difference!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the Calling All Sistah's Blog on the 17th May!

Take care
Shona
 


No comments:

Post a Comment