Sunday 25 December 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday Christmas Post

Merry Christmas everybody!!! For us here in New Zealand its 5pm Christmas Day so I will undoubtedly be tired, still cleaning up and about 20 pounds heavier but will have had the most wonderful day with my family. Wherever you are in the world, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas Day filled with lots of laughter, food and happy children!!







I'm very excited to have my Girl Friday post for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps fall on Christmas Day, it gave me a chance to create another Christmas card as I totally ran out this year. I think I will definitely need to make more during next year so it doesn't happen again!!

I combined two loves for my card today. I love non-traditional colours for Christmas cards and one day I would love to have a white Christmas. Its Summertime here in New Zealand, so Christmas Day is all about bbq's, salads and swimming!!



This snowflake image is one of my favourites from the Bring on the Snowflakes stamp set, so I wanted to use it all over my card. I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front and heat embossed the snowflake using clear embossing powder. I then grabbed my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' to colour the panel.

Once the ink was dry, I used the large circle die from the Ornament Tag Fri-Dies to cut the shaker window.  I worked out where the window would sit over the card front and stamped the sentiment from Mistletoe and Holly, heat embossing it in silver. A piece of clear acetate was adhered behind the shaker window and lots of foam tape placed on the panel. I arranged a small pile of sequins (from Neat and Tangled) on top of the sentiment and pushed the panel down overtop to seal the shaker. All I had to do then was glue on a few extra sequins and shake away to my hearts content!!




If any of these products catch your eye for next years Christmas cards or your planning on buying any CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products, don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%!!


 

I really hope you have the most amazing day today with your family and friends. And wish you all a happy, healthy and crafty 2017!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. I love non-traditional colors too! Merry Christmas to you and your family Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Shona! Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card...love all that wonderful pink! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete