Sunday 30 October 2016

Winnie and Walter - The Gossip Column Challenge # 5 - Entry no. 4

My mojo is back......kind of...and I have Jennifer McGuire to thank for it!! I've been finding it hard to sleep since Oscar died, so have been watching lots of card making videos on You Tube. I've been watching a lot by Jennifer, even much older ones and learning all sorts of things. 

On one video (unfortunately I can't remember which one....) she talked about putting die-cuts back to back to create a fantastic pattern. I thought this was a brilliant idea, so my fourth entry to the The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia #5 was born!


I only own one background die (by Winnie and Walter), would love more but they are so expensive. But as this is a Winnie and Walter challenge, it couldn't be more perfect:

 
I wish I could capture for you the shimmer on this die-cut background, its just incredible!!

So, I've become rather addicted to my Nuvo Mousse (so much so that I've just ordered a few more pots....) and thought it would be fantastic to have it on the die-cut itself.

I started off by painting the mousse (mixed with a tiny bit of water) straight on some white CS, in two shapes big enough to fit the faceted die. It dries really quickly, so I was able to do three coats in a very short period of time. Once it had dried I put the shapes thru with the die and it worked perfectly!!
I used some liquid glue to dot the back of one die, glued it straight to the card front, turned the other one upside down and glued it right on top. 

To create more of a focal point, I cut a piece of vellum the same size as the card front and die-cut a large circle (from Couture Creations) from it. I used teeny tiny pieces of double-sided tape to adhere over the die-cuts. The 'happy' die (from W&W) was die-cut twice from white CS, glued together and popped up on foam tape. I then stamped and heat embossed the rest of the sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy') in gold and put on foam tape too! 

This was so fun to do and hopefully it means that my lack of mojo will finally change and gradually come back. Maybe I'll go into overdrive and make 100 Christmas cards!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

  

Its another long weekend for us this weekend, although I do have to squeeze in a 2hr gardening job on Monday. Max spent last night at a friends house and Ella is coming over tonight to stay with Phoebe. They are going trick or treating tomorrow night with friends (and their Mum's) which should be interesting. Halloween is not a very popular holiday in New Zealand but hopefully they will at least come back with one or two pieces of candy to make them happy. Will make sure I have a stash here just incase but will be hard not to eat it all first.......

Take care
Shona

 
 

   

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful...love your incredible creation Miss Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Mr. Mojo has come back to help alleviate some of the pain and heartache you have over Oscar. Your creation is absolutely stunning and I can imagine it being even more outstanding IRL!! Take care, Shona. Big hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs again for the loss of Oscar. This was a great way to kickstart the mojo again - love the layered die cuts! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete