Thursday 6 October 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 67

Hello there everyone! I'm popping in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT challenge. Our theme for this one is:


                                   Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Friendship.  


     Optional Technique Twist:  embossing and/or use pink
 
 
As October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month we decided to make this part of our challenge, so your design can be about this and/or friendship. You also have the option of using pink and/or embossing on your project. 
 
 
 
 
Our wonderful Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. They have a fantastic stamp and die collection 'Calling All Sistahs' which has phrases and words to create supportive cards for your friends and loved ones touched by cancer. Also 50% of the sales of these products go to Breast Cancer Research, so its great to know that your not only buying fantastic items but your also helping the fight.
 
 




CAS-ual Fridays Stamps also has a Calling All Sistahs Blog Hop on the 17th of each month to remind us all to do our self breast checks. I'm very proud to be a part of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team and get to take part in the blog hop each month. The good thing is that you can join too, just email Heather North to find out all the details at sistahoodhop@outlook.com.
 
For my reminder card I decided to create a design to send to a friend who may be going thru treatment. You would want them to know that you are there for them no matter what:
 
 
I cut a panel of water colour CS the same size as my card front and heat embossed flowers from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girlfriend' in white. I used water colour CS because I find it gives the best result with blending. I grabbed my mini-blending tool and Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' ink pad and blended all over the panel, making a very soft background. To make the flowers pop, I used Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' and blended just over those to make them darker.
 
Out came my box of paint chips and I die-cut the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Love Ya Fri-Die' once from dark pink and twice more from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the card front. The rest of the sentiment (also from the 'Girlfriend' stamp set) was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and popped up on foam tape. I then added some pink and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
I have two challenges I would like to enter:
 
 
 
 
Simply Create Too Challenge # 119 (Black plus one colour)
 



You have one week left to enter your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if you need any help with ideas or inspiration, please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our spectacular Guest Designer Conil have created for you. Looking forward to seeing your designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Gosh your blending is excellent, so well thought out and executed with perfection. I love the popped up sentiment in black, perfect combo with the pinks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. I love the all over pink, and the variations of tone you get from the sponging and blending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally rocking these amazing backgrounds brilliantly. You've completely aced the Support cue for CASology and the Time Out DT assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Love how the sentiment pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card Shona ! I love your blending background and how you made the center of your flowers pop ! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog ! I'm so surprised that you can learn something from me since I learn so much from you all ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous background Shona. I especially love how you accentuated each flower by giving them a darker background. I have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shona!! Such a pretty card!! I love your embossing and the love ya on the front. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautifully soft and lovely Shona!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Shona ... fabulous blending of that fabulous soft pink over those white blooms ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete