Thursday 1 September 2016

Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge # 13

I'm flying in here by the seat of my pants with my entry for the Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge!!   



For this months 'Rerun' there are looking at one of my favourite floral sets 'In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya'. I usually stamp the images of this set for a funky one-layer design but decided to get out of my comfort zone and do a bit of water colouring (as boy oh boy do I need more practice!!):



I was walking the dogs the other day and thinking about some way I could use the stamps that wasn't typical. The shape of one of the flowers looked a lot like wings on the side and I thought about butterflies!!

I cut a panel of white CS smaller than my card front and stamped the middle of the butterfly (using Hero Arts 'Butterfly Layered set') in black. I had already stamped and heat embossed the flower on some water coloured CS with rose gold embossing powder. I used my Zig Clean Colour brushes to colour them in (along with some water and a small brush) and when dry I fussy cut them out.

I added a piece of foam tape under the wider part of the flower and a piece of double-sided tape to the smaller side and pressed them on either side of the butterfly body. This kept them in place and gave them some dimension. I stamped the sentiment using Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' and popped the panel up on foam tape. And of course I added some co-ordinating sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit of shine.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Right, I have just enough time to add another card to the challenge before it closes. Off I run!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Very creative. I'm mesmerized by your sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness what an inspired and clever card, Shona! Love it. Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete