Friday 23 September 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 330

Hi everybody!! Its Friday again and not only does that mean the end of the week (and the start of the school holidays for kids in New Zealand) but it also means its a new challenge theme at Just Add Ink!! We have a sketch for you this week, which is always a great help with regards to a card design.




I love anything with a big circle involved and I always love to see what people put on their cards with regards to the other shapes in the sketch. Luckily I had been playing around with some new stamp images which got my imagination going for my card design:


I haven't used my Zig Real Color Markers for a while. I was watching a video by Kristina Werner in bed the other night and she was using them beautifully, so she totally inspired me to get them out!!

To start off I die-cut the circle from water colour CS. To create the stripes I rubbed my yellow Ziggie on a plate and mixed a little water with it using a wide brush. I then just carefully painted the stripes across, not worrying too much if they weren't exactly the same and a little wonky. 

While that dried I stamped and heat embossed the bear image in white on some water colour CS and painted using my Ziggies and a water brush. I'm trying to work out how to do shading when I water colour, its taking a long time to get it right. Once this was dry I fussy cut it out.

I die-cut the squares from some black CS, cut it down to size and glued to the circle. I popped the bear up on foam tape and also added it to the back of the circle. The sentiment was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and glued in place, along with some sequins for a bit of sparkle.

The circle die is from Couture Creations. The bear image and sentiment are from My Favourite Things 'Beary Special Birthday', as well as the 'Retro Squares' die.The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have until Wednesday 28th September to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you, pop over to the blog for some inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card. I hope you're entering it in the Superstar challenge at MFT. Lover the yellow striped circle & the black border element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, Shona! I simply adore your sweet bear and matching sentiment and your retro squares contrast so beautifully with your soft stripes. I must get my Ziggs out more too - thanks for the reminder!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image Shona and your colouring is great. l keep looking at the Zigs, but have yet to invest..:0) Another lovely clean creation! xx

    ReplyDelete