Monday 26 September 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - September

Its Monday, the first week of a two school holiday and its raining.....and supposed to rain till Friday. Eeeekkkk!! Being in a small town (and with not much money to spare) the options for entertaining children is few and far between. Luckily they are happy at this stage to watch a movie or two and practice some bottle flipping and ball skills in the lounge (with me stamping and colouring in the background....) but come Friday it could be a different kettle of fish!!


Yesterday (yes, the rain started at the weekend.....ugh) I was able to finally think of designs for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge. These aren't colours I would usually use together so it stumped me a bit but now have three different ideas I will try to whip up before the end of the week.

This first idea came to mind because of all the wonderful coffee cards that I've seen lately (I haven't made my Coffee Blog Hop card yet but don't count me out....) and I still hadn't used this stamp set:



I love anything 'retro' inspired and can just imagine these colours as part of some funky tea set. It was wonderful to colour while watching Alvin and the Chipmunks - Road Trip and love the sketchiness of these images.

To create the table I just cut a strip of wood veneer paper and adhered along the bottom of the card front. The cups and coffee pot were all stamped in black on some white CS, coloured with my Faber Castell pencils and then fussy cut out. I popped them on the table with some foam tape, stamped the sentiment and added some co-ordinating sequins.  Its a simple scene but love all that white behind the images, makes them the star!!

The stamps are all from Altenew 'Coffee Love', the wood veneer paper is from Papervine and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm part way thru my second card and just changed my mind for the third, so fingers crossed I can get them made tonight or tomorrow. At least I can work into the night without having to worry about waking up early for school. Bliss!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous. So clean and inviting. Your colouring is looking really good!
    t's a bit of a pain to kick off the school holidays with a week of wet, isn't it. Still - gives me a reason to be in my craft room. Hope the kids get a chance to burn some energy outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great retro feel to your fab card Shona, good luck keeping the kids occupied.... Friday is a way off yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a job you did on this card. Those really reminds me of what we call Fiesta Ware. Do you call it that there, too. Just love the wood veneer "table". Maybe Danish Modern. Very cool look.

    ReplyDelete