Tuesday 12 July 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - July New Release Sneak Peeks - Day 3

Welcome back to Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  July New Release Sneak Peeks!!!



Today we have two more stamp sets for you. First up is Patridge in a Pear Tree:


This was one of my favourite songs to sing when I was a little kid, so really excited to see it as a stamp set!! I decided to use the stamp set a little differently for my card:

 
When I first saw the stamp set I immediately realised that the pot the tree is planted in looks just like a present. So I stamped the pot on some white CS, coloured the ribbon with pencil, fussy cut and went round the edges with a black pen. I also stamped out the partridge and three pears, which were coloured with pencils and fussy cut as well.

I added a strip of red CS to the card front first and then a circle of white CS using the larger circle die from 'Tag Ornaments Fri Dies' which was introduced yesterday. I was then able to pop the present, partridge and pears up on foam tape. All that was left to do was stamp the sentiment, add some sequins (from Neat and Tangled) and put lots of Glossy Accents on the present ribbon.

The next stamp set we have for you is Starlequin:


The patterns are gorgeous and would create a fantastic, festive background or side detail for your Christmas cards. I wanted to create a background straight away with the pattern on the right, could see it in my mind in black and white:

 
This was pretty easy to line up (the joy of clear stamps) so I just stamped the image down the card front. I used the smaller circle die from 'Tags Ornaments Fri Dies' (told you I would use that one alot!!) to cut a hole in the front and then stamped the sentiment in red ink. The holly images were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and die-cut with their matching dies. These were simply glued to the card front and it was finished!!

The sentiment and holly images/dies are a sneaky peek from the sets we are showing you tomorrow....shhh, don't tell Michele I showed you......

Apart from the Day 1 products (which are available now!!) the rest of the release is available to purchase on July 16th. We still have six more products to show you and if you need to race out on release day to do some shopping or buy the Day 1 goodies now, please use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself a few dollars!!


I hope your enjoying all this Christmas inspiration so far and if you pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Blog you will see even more incredible ideas from the rest of the Girl Fridays!! See you tomorrow for Day 4!

Take care
Shona


 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE these! The second one is my fave! Love that black background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Shona, especially the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second card you have done. This is a great release .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Love the way you used the partridge with the gift box, and the Starlequin design on the 2nd card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever how you've used the stamp on the first card and eye catching second card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas.
    Love the partridge sitting on the gift.
    The second card is wonderful.
    I'll be using that idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant...both cards are cleverly assembled and just plain brilliant. Love the band of color with the bird focal point on the first and the meticulous background stamping you achieved on the second. I'm so green with envy that you have this wonderful store of ideas in your pretty little head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, love the CAS design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Very very cute! Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty cards! Great work!

    ReplyDelete