Sunday 3 April 2016

Winnie and Walter - Share the Love Challenge with Pinkfresh Studio - Entry No. 1

Over on the Winnie and Walter blog, they recently spent the week 'Sharing the Love' with Pinkfresh Studio.



Over five days the Design Team and some special guests created some amazing projects using both Winnie and Walter products but also the 'Felicity' collection by Pinkfresh Studio. They have a challenge running at the moment where you can create a project with inspiration from one or more of the designs and link to their blog. 

I recently had the chance to purchase the 'Felicity' paper pad locally but I wasn't fast enough and missed out. However, last year I won a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit and it contained Pinkfresh papers from their 'Happy Things' collection, so decided to give the challenge a whirl!

For this first entry I took inspiration from this card on Day 1 by Shay:

 


I absolutely loved how she had die-cut the background die from vellum and layered it over the patterned paper. I had to try this idea right away:

 
As you can see, this is TOTALLY different from my usual card designs (there is no white showing at all!!) but it was so fun trying a different style and using some patterned paper.

I started off by die-cutting the background die from vellum and then adhering a panel of patterned paper directly to the card front. I then very carefully added tiny dots of glue to the back of the vellum and glued it over-top. After stamping the 'thank' in red ink on some white CS, I fussy cut it out and popped up on some foam tape. The rest of the sentiment was stamped in black on some white CS pieces and glued as well. And of course I had to add a few orange, dark coral and clear sequins to highlight all those fabulous dots.

As mentioned before, the paper is from Pinkfresh Studio 'Happy Things'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled. The stamps and die are all from Winnie and Walter: Cover Model: Multi-faceted Cutaway and 'The Big, the Bold and You' stamp set.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 
I just finished off another card for the W&W challenge, so will post that tomorrow, in-between moments of Spring cleaning Max's room. I decided last week to go room by room and clean EVERY surface. I've done ours and Phoebe's bedroom, which look amazing but my enthusiasm is starting to wane. I'm sure once I get going and see all the 'stuff' under his bed, it will give me the energy to carry on!!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect take on Shay's wonderful card! I'm hoping to get at least 1 card made for the challenge. Thanks for leaving me a comment, but wanted you to know I used stickers, so it isn't my coloring--that's why it's perfect--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you nailed Shay's card. That background paper was the perfect choice and, may I add, your fussy cutting knocks me out. Maybe I could send all mine to you, since it isn't my favorite thing to do..must be why I'm not very good at it.
    I admire your fortitude...always was leary of looking under the kids bed...they weren't very good at getting used plates back to the kitchen. Often found science experiments on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the cheerful dots and the lovely die cut vellum overlay, Shona!!! The way you have done the sentiment looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete