Tuesday 9 February 2016

SugarPea Designs - Sugar Sketch # 39

Its been a fabulous week of colouring for me since I started the 30 Day Colouring Challenge organised by the amazing Kathy, on her blog The Daily Marker. It certainly has gotten me into the colouring mood and the more I do it, the more confident I am with my results. And watching Kathy's videos definitely helps too!!


 
 
Over at SugarPea Designs they have the Sugar Sketch :


One of the images I coloured last week for the colouring challenge, was from SugarPea Designs. I've had the stamp set for months but didn't feel I could do it any justice with my lack of colouring skills. Well, I decided to give it a go and even though its FAR from perfect, I love how she turned out:



Isn't she a cutie??!! I love her smiling face and her big bunch of flowers pulled straight from the garden. 

I started off by stamping all of these images (from the 'Love you Bunches' set) on a piece of white CS. After colouring with my pencils, I fussy cut the puppy, shovel and pot and used a circle die (from Couture Creations) to cut out the girl. Using the sketch as inspiration, I cut a piece of patterned paper (from Crate Paper 'Hello Love') and used a waffle-edge die from Pretty Pink Posh to add some detail down the side. 

After adhering the paper to the card front, I glued the puppy, shovel and pot around the girl, stamped a sentiment (from the same set) on a small banner and popped it all up on foam tape over the paper. Some green and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh added some sparkle!!

I will definitely carry on with my colouring and get out some of my other stamps that have scared me a bit. Its a good way for me to get more use out of stamps I always use differently and would love to have some more of these SugarPea Design cuties!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Awwww I love what you've done with this little cutie! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie and your colouring is wonderful Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Shona! I am loving the sweet polka dot paper with that adorable image! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet images and such impressive colouring! I need to bring out my polychromos for some TLC!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Shona ... fabulous colouring! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to begin coloring:)) Great job! Thanks for playing along with the SugarPea Sugar Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with your coloring! Such a soft and pretty card, love it!

    Thanks for playing along with us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete