Saturday 30 January 2016

A Blog Named Hero - January Challenge

Its 10am Saturday morning, I'm sitting here in my pyjamas (as are the kids) and I suddenly realise that I have 56 minutes to link my card to the A Blog Named Hero  challenge!!





Their theme for this months challenge is 'One Layer' and as you all know I love to create a completely flat design every now and then!!

Unfortunately I don't actually own many Hero Arts stamps/dies but I do have one floral set that I love, and my design came to mind straight away:


I'll be honest, there isn't anything truly spectacular about my card (you should look at entry No. 36 by TaeEun, its incredible!!!!) but I'm loving using dark colours (like black and navy) to add details to my cards. This set by Hero Arts is called 'Let Love Grow' and it gives you lots of ways to layer up some flowers and leaves. I actually like using the layering parts on their own, they add such interest to a one-layer card. And this is a new colour combo for me, I think its really pretty!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


And will also link to the CASology Challenge Week # 182 where their theme is 'Adore' which is how I feel about this stamp set:


I've gone a bit crazy making cards of late, which feels amazing!! So will have a few to post over the next day or so. Nice to be getting my mojo back and being allowed more time to create. We have three days of the school holidays left and the weather is cloudy and yuck, so nice to relax with the kids and enjoy our laziness before the rush of school starts on Tuesday morning...eeeek!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the colours you've chosen too. School for me is the end of lots of craft time - back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Shona ... just like a flower meadow ... lovely colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally disagree,..this is a spectacular color combination and it's so soothing. Anita is absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Sho, and your choice of navy accent is SO nice against the pink! My boys go back to school tomorrow, so I suspect we are all in for a bit of a shock! Nice that it isn't going to be the traditional 40 degree spectacular that usually greets the kids on their first day back! will be thinking of you on tues. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous design, I love the colours you chose, so pretty. Great one layer design.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous use of the Hero Arts stamps set. Thanks so much for entering with us at the One Layer Card Challenge at A Blog Named Hero. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! LOVE your background stamping, Shona! Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge!
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful one layer, Shona!!!! Love the cute little flowers in the pretty pink and green!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete