Friday 13 November 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 288

Friday is finally here, bring on the weekend!! And lets bring on a new challenge at Just Add Ink.

We have this sketch for you this week. You can turn it around if you like and use different shapes etc. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

For my card I decided it was time to break out my Zig Water Colour Markers and go to town:


 I stamped the flower image on some water colour CS and coloured using my Zig Markers and a wet brush. Once it had dried I fussy cut it out. Next I cut a panel of white CS and a piece of patterned paper (love the gold dots!!). I adhered the dotty paper to the card front, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold on the white panel. This was popped up on foam tape on the card front. I put the flower image on some foam tape too and added some sequins for a bit more bling!

The patterned paper is from Project Life - Becky Higgins 'Bold and Gold'. The flower image is from Paper Smooches 'Best Buds', as well as the sentiment 'Uplifters'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Paper Smooches - November Challenge where their theme is:


You have until next Wednesday to link your project to the Just Add Ink challenge. Please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona



 

17 comments:

  1. This is quite a treasure. Ingenious way to follow the sketch, too. I agree, those gold dots are yummy. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a treasure. Ingenious way to follow the sketch, too. I agree, those gold dots are yummy. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic, Shona! I LOve the gold dots, and the gold embossed sentiment looks fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun shape for the card and it lis so full of spring/summer colours; that cheeres me up! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Shona! Such a fun, pretty take on the sketch and that sentiment is great...Another lovely Shona creation. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful flowers and the dotty paper, Shona!!!!! The sentiment is so cute!!!! Such a lovely card!!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my....this is just so adorable. I love your sweet posies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Shona ... gorgeous colours in your flowers and in that fab dotty paper ... and such a fun sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona such a stunning card! I really love that sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Shona! Such beautiful colouring of your flowers and jar and I adore your sentiment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, Shona. Well done with your Zigs and I too, love that sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a gorgeous card - I am loving the mix of images and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have about 12 inches of snow here (it all fell Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning), soI don't even have words to express how fabulous it is to see your lovely bouquet of fresh blooms! Gorgeous!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome flowers in a vase with water Shona..
    Lovely Design paper too.
    Beautiful in own way.
    I love this happy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous watercoloring on that beautiful image. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete