Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Challenge # 47

I'm back again as the Featured Designer for The Challenge this week!! Its been so much fun and I've loved seeing all the different entries in the Gallery.


Here is the inspiration photo for this weeks challenge. Aren't those pumpkins gloriously decorated?? I love all that shiny black and white with the pops of orange. The Gallery for this challenge is going to look very Autumn and/or Halloween with its colourings. Fabulous!!

I just had to go with the black/white/orange colour combo on my card but decided to use something a bit more scarier than a pumpkin:



Isn't that skeleton spooky?? I love how its so detailed and has a vintage type look about it.

As you can imagine, this was incredibly easy to put together. I used my mini-blending tool to create the orange background with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I then stamped the skeleton in black ink. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white CS and realised that it looked too white and clean compared to the skeleton stamp. So I did something out of the ordinary and touched the edges of the CS to my black ink pad and even smudged some ink on the front. Much better! I popped it on some foam tape, added a couple of enamel dots and my Halloween card was done.

The skeleton and sentiment stamps are from Hampton Art. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Fusion Card Challenge



AAA Card Challenge # 50



Simply Create Too Challenge # 96 - Halloween Colours


You have until Sunday 25th October at Noon (PST) to link your projects to The Challenge. I hope you have some time to play and can't wait to see what you create in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona



 

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on FD and what a spooky number you have for us this week...love it and I bet your kids will too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Featured Designer! Well deserved. Great Halloween card - that skeleton stamp in absolutely awesome. You've done something so different to your usual, yet is still looks like yours! Do you struggle with the whole idea of Halloween cards? I just can't do one since Halloween is such a non-event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you clever to use the inspiration in such a cool way! I love the vintage skeleton as well...so detailed and spooky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That is the most handsome skeleton I've ever laid eyes on! No BONES about it, Shona!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool skeleton and the colouring behind it really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this cute Halloween card had me smiling, Shona!!!! Love that skeleton and the orange sponging to have him pop!!! Love how you've added the black around the edges of the sentiment - it looks great!!! I really like this card!!!
    Congrats on the FD spot!!!!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant image Shona and so fun and crazy for halloween! Perfect CAS card and superb inking. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love this! Love that bony image with the distress inking. The sentiment really stands out over the inking, and the black dots are the perfect finish! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona...just love your fabulous skeleton, so spooky and he looks so fabulous with that beautiful orange background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous Halloween card!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Shona, you do scary really well on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not own any scary images Shona
    agree with Bonnie you did so great at scary card
    do you send it to friends who celebrate Halloween?Cause in Germany we did not celebrate to much dear
    another cool and scary card on this post (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being a featured designer and I love your take on the picture! That skeleton is so perfectly Halloween! Thanks so much for linking up at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cool, love the ink blending, Shona. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spooky and scarey, Shona ... brilliant against the orange background! hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh brilliant ! This is a perfect CAS design! Love that spooky skeleton!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely one detailed skeleton, Shona, and you've showcased his 'fine form' spectacularly...or rather, spook-tacularly! VERY cool!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete