Friday 2 October 2015

CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple Challenge ' # 144

There seems to be so many exciting things going on for the beginning of October. Lots of new releases (including CAS-ual Fridays...), blog hops and challenges. What a busy month it will be!!

Its also time for a new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple' Challenge. The theme for this one is really cool:


Yippee!! Its a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this month, which is one I always loved to enter. Your creation needs to include three techniques in a row going across, down or diagonal. This gives you lots of choices and a chance to combine ideas, while keeping to a CAS design. 

You don't have to use CAS-ual Friday products to join in but if you have some, we would love to see them!!!

I went with 'Stenciling, Die Cutting and Embossing'. Stenciling is something I don't do very often, so I thought it would be good to combine it with techniques that I use all the time:


I started this off by putting my 'heart' stencil over the card base and using Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' and my mini blender to add the pattern. While that dried, I stamped and heat embossed the flowers in gold, on some water colour paper. I then used my Zig Watercolour Marker to colour them in pink, using a wet brush to drag out the colour. 

Once the flowers were dry, I used the matching die's. The two bottom flowers were adhered to the card on their sides, with the top flower being put on foam tape. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold as well and added some pink and gold sequins for sparkle. Totally love how it turned out!!!

The heart stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essentials'. The flower stamps and sentiment are from CAS-ual Fridays 'Mon Ami'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also add to the Virginia's View Challenge # 19 where their theme is all things coloured.


You have until the 30th October to link your projects to the CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple' Challenge. And if you pop over to the blog, you will find some beautiful creations from the rest of the Design Team to give you some ideas. I hope you have time to join in and I can't wait to see what you create!!!

Take care
Shona

12 comments:

  1. I just adore this pretty card and how you've created it! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Shona!! Love how you arranged the flowers, the pink with gold embossing, then that perfect stencil behind! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sponging background is stunning..the gold make it perfect...you are so great at making CAS card dear..luv this much ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Shona ... love gold and pink together ... such a wonderful feminine combination! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo pretty! Love that fading heart stencilling in the background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a beautiful job coloring with your Zig markers, Shona! Such pretty shades of pink, and I love that you paired it with gold embossing! I also love your stenciled background, too! Really gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun take on the tictactoe! Not my colours, but still a beautiful card! Love your stencilling! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! I love everything about :) thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, soft card. love how you have achieved this whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous in every way! I so need the Mon Ami set after seeing your irresistible showcases, but alas...the dies are, again, sold out! I'll do my best to wait patiently for a restock and when they arrive, order immediately! This truly is ultra pretty...ultra!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner Shona - so pretty! We seem to share the same taste in stamps...love this set. You've used this perfectly!

    ReplyDelete