Monday 20 July 2015

Winnie and Walter - Rerun No. 2 - The Big, the Bold and Fun

Its so quiet. Its 11.17am Monday morning and its only me in the house. The kids went back to school this morning and it was a bit of a rush after sleeping in for the past two weeks (we have all gotten out of practice...) but we just made it in time. Didn't help that we had a -3 degree frost....brrrrr. So it means that not only is my housework done (well, some of it..) but I can sit down and blog during the day instead of 4am. Yippee!


I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here as this challenge doesn't finish till the end of the month (and you know how I'm a 'last minute' crafter) but was looking at the cards to CASE for this challenge and fell in love with this one from Heather Pulverenti:



I love the colours so much and all those ruffles are gorgeous. I was going to try and re-create them with some scissors but decided to use something else instead:




I can't wait for Summer to come back so I can get some more light into my photos!!

I started by die-cutting a rectangle from some pink CS and then cut a smaller one from white CS using my paper trimmer. A bit of time was then spent die-cutting the strips of white, pink and blue CS and then adhering them all together in layers. These were stuck to the white CS panel. I stamped the 'happy' in pink and then heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in silver on a strip of white CS before popping up on foam tape. The pink panel was adhered straight to the card front and the white one put on foam tape. And of course I added a few clear rhinestones for some shine.

The stitched-scallop edge die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The 'happy' stamp is from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and Happy' and the 'you are my' stamps are also W&W 'My Precious'. The rhinestones are from Kaisercraft.

Will also squeeze this into the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

I'm off to vacuum now and then will try and do some gardening without getting frostbite. This winter we have had our lowest rainfall ever and our most amount of frosts. They make for a beautiful morning but boy do they make it hard to get out of bed!! And some areas of the garden remain covered in frost all day, so for a gardener its a little tricky. I even saw someone mowing their frosted lawn this morning......????!!

Take care
Shona

 

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you were inspired...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card...love your scallops at the lower edge, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back from hols now and coming by to say Hi! Adore your take on this card, love how you added the silver embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty scalloped borders, Shona ... and gorgeous shimmer and shine with the silver embossing and yummy bling! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mowing a frosted lawn? Now there's someone really wanting summer to arrive! Your card: innovative and most definitely gorgeous! Love your inspired take...and in my world, a winner!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another really beautiful card, Shona! I love the scallops, and how you stamped your sentiment! Such a lovely take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your rerun win...see, I told you W&W was lucky to get you on their team. This new card is a knock out as well.

    ReplyDelete