Friday 17 July 2015

Guest Designer: CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Day 3

Its my last day today on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog and I've loved every minute of it. Hope you've enjoyed my cards too!!


For these cards, I used the Sassy Smiles stamp set. Absolutely love the big 'Smile' stamp and the phrases that come with it are brilliant!!


For my first card I die-cut some hearts using the 'Heart Board' Fri Dies Set and adhered the largest and smaller heart to the card front. After cutting a strip of vellum, I stamped and heat embossed the 'Smile' in gold and wrapped around the card front, gluing at the back. I also added some mint coloured enamel dots (from Papervine) to go with my mint hearts.


 For this card I wanted to let the stamps shine, so cut a panel of grey CS smaller than the card front and then a panel of white CS slightly smaller. Onto this I stamped the 'Smile' in mint green and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold. This panel was adhered to the grey CS and then popped up on foam tape on the card front. I also added some gold sequins (from Neat and Tangled) for a bit of shine.


For my final card I couldn't stop myself from using the flowers from the 'Mon Ami' stamp set again. I stamped and heat embossed the flowers in white on some water colour paper. I used Distress Ink 'Peacock Feathers' with some water to add some colour and then used the matching 'Mon Ami Fleur' Fri Dies Set to cut them out. After stamping the 'Smile' and heat embossing in silver on the card front, I adhered one flower and the other one on some foam tape. I also added some silver sequins.

 I've had the most wonderful weeks getting prepared for these three days and using these gorgeous stamps and dies. Thank you so much for joining me and a big thanks to Michele for giving me this chance!!

I hope you will also join me at the CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple Challenge' where our theme is 'Embossing'. Would love to see you all in the Gallery!!






Take care
Shona

 

9 comments:

  1. Love these gorgeous cards, Shona! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all stunning Shona - the last one is CAS perfection and shows off that stamp set perfectly. I think that one is next on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona....what a fabulous, stunning and amazing trio of cards. I love your style, it is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful trio of crisp, CAS and gorgeous cards, Shona ... you really rocked this GD spot! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trio of tremendous delight, Shona...the 'smile' works, because I'm wearing a mega-watt one in having scene this stunning showcase. You and CAS-ual Friday products = a perfect match!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona ! You did an amazing job with the Mon Ami set, love the soft and soothing design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great how you show what a different colour will do with a stamp! Great cards! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!!! Come and join us in our Quirky White challenge.
    http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/07/challenge-15-quirky-white.html
    Monica.-dt

    ReplyDelete