Friday 22 May 2015

The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 2 - Geometrics

What a long two weeks this has been. I am so sick of being sick!! Has been an awful flu virus that doesn't want to let me go but will keep fighting it and surely I will be back to normal soon??!

I was so excited when I saw the theme for Taheerah's next Winnie and Walter - The Gossip Column  was 'Geometrics'. I love geometric designs on anything i.e. pillows, wallpaper, prints, fabric etc. It does seem to be everywhere at the moment which is brilliant for me. I had so many ideas for card designs and then my flu hit. I made myself sit down on Monday night with my stamps and ink pads and just play around. 

I'll be honest, I've never had such a problem with my mojo disappearing like it has at the moment. I think its because I'm constantly left with a sinus headache, that it keeps interfering with my imagination. Anyway, it was good to create just something and I came up with four different designs. Two I have finished and the others need more work, so watch this space....

This first card is one I thought of pretty quickly because I thought the stamps would look great in lines and have such a retro vibe:


I stamped the larger round stamp from Clearly Besotted 'Simply Quilled' in red ink across a piece of white CS. I then die-cut the circle and popped it up on foam tape on my card front. I stamped the sentiment from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and You' in black ink and heat embossed twice with clear embossing powder to give it lots of shine. I cut it out with scissors and put on foam tape as well. A few enamel dots (from Papervine) in black and clear rhinestones (from Kaisercraft) finished it off.

I have quite a few cheap canvas's at home that I've covered with fabric that I love and think this design on fabric would be awesome!!

Will post my other card shortly (which is quite a bit different to this one).  And fingers crossed I will gain enough mojo back to make some more. I always enjoy the Winnie and Walter challenges, they really get me out of my comfort zone!

Take care
Shona 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty super card from someone supposedly without mojo! Love that quilled stamp - it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool, funky and yep, retro vibe here, Shona ... and such a great look ... fabulous! Do hope you can throw off that horrid virus soon ... take it easy, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, I think you mojo was present in the creation of this card! I agree with Anita: cool, artsy, funky and, in my view, incredibly innovative! I've seen all your W&W cards (catching up on comments) and if I were making the selection, you'd be a winner several times over! You and W&W create magic together!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome focal panel - really pulls you in like a magic eye diagram! I hope you're feeling better now! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete