Wednesday 4 March 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 134

I'm so excited as its time for my favourite theme at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge. If you've seen my cards before, you'll know that I like a lot of white space and simple design. Well, that's exactly what we are looking for this week. The theme for this challenge is:

                                           CAS - Clean and Simple

This means you could make a project that is easy to re-create, or has either none or only a few embellishments, or maybe just a simple design. Its totally up to you.

The sponsor for this challenge is Inspired by Stamping and they are offering a $20 voucher for the winner. Yippee!!

As mentioned in a post yesterday, I really want to increase my stock of birthday cards. I don't know what happened around 9 months ago (in the past) but I have a lot of birthdays to remember over the next few months:





My Mum has a few sisters and friends that I kept in mind when I designed this card. I wanted it to be clean and modern but also feminine enough to be loved by someone much older than myself. This way my Mum can give it to someone.

I started by die-cutting a circle from white CS and stamping the flower. I then cut a slightly larger circle in vellum. This was adhered to the card front with the stamped circle placed over-top. I then created a tag for the sentiment and this was popped up on foam tape. I was going to add some Wink of Stella but for a card this simple, I like to see the crispness of the ink (if that makes sense...).

The flower stamp is from Uniko Studio 'Flower Power #3' and the sentiment is also Uniko Studio, 'Flower Power #2'.

I'm going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 18 where their theme is 'Birthday'.

And will also enter the Showcase your Style Challenge # 9 where their theme is also:


You have one week to enter your wonderful projects and if your needing any inspiration at all, please visit the Addicted to Stamps blog. The Design Team have prepared some incredible cards for you. I hope to see you there!!!

Take care
Shona

  


 

22 comments:

  1. An out and out CAS beauty, love the pop of colors against the whites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delightful - the pretty flower, the lovely layers - just adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studio Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is timeless - I think anybody over 25 will like it and maybe even younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous design!! Love the circles and flower image! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the pop of color with your flowers ad the circles. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS design, Shona! I love how you placed the vellum circle behind your stamped flower and the sentiment is so elegant! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Shona! Love the circle design and your beautifully coloured flower - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sighhh...this is so very pretty; simple elevated to stunning! I have this lovely Uniko flower and you've inspired me to give it some love and attention. Gorgeous card!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean and pure card! Love everything of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful and elegant Shona - Love it! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Shona, way to go to showcase this stamp and thanks for joining Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant Shona, love the vellum circle behind the image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your elegant CAS layout

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crisp, stunning and totally gorgeous.
    Great to see the Uniko Flower power stamp in there too.
    Thanks for playing along.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've showcased this pretty bloom so beautifully, Shona ... the vellum circle in the background adds to the lovely soft, feminine feel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clean and modern and feminine! Check, check, and check! I love it, Shona! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE IT!! WOW, just awesome. I love CAS too ;) Thanks so much for playing along in the Uniko Studio challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet CAS card!! Just a beautiful flower, love the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to see you using your Uniko supplies! Beautiful CAS design too. Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet...love your beautiful flower. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous in its simplicity, Shona. I just adore your CAS designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a simple design with such impact, Shona! Fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete