Sunday 5 October 2014

Muse Challenge # 87

I made it Kimberly, I made it!! I found a lovely comment on my blog yesterday from the wonderful Kimberly Weiner, asking me if I was going to join in with the Muse challenge this week. I thought this was so sweet, as I do try to join as often as I can. So Kimberly, this one is for you!!






And luckily for us, we have this gorgeous card from Kimberly, who is the Muse for this week. I loved it straight away and thought I could put some of my newer flower stamps to good use.




I didn't quite have the same ink colours but did my best. I alternated stamping the flowers and leaves until I had the pattern I wanted. I cut a strip of green patterned paper and adhered to the card front. I stamped the sentiment on a slightly smaller strip and glued it straight on to the green paper (I had tried foam tape but it looked ridiculous). It turned out much more prettier than I thought it would, so I'm really pleased.

The flowers and leaves stamps are from WPlus9 'Fresh Cut Containers'. The sentiment is from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters'. The green paper is from Lawn Fawn ''Let's Polka' and enamel dots from My Minds Eye.

As this card is quite CAS, I'm going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge #8 where their theme is 'Clean and Simple'. This is my second (of many) entries I can imagine.....

Phoebe has come home from two nights staying with her best friend Ella, covered in itchy lumps that just keep on coming. Up until 12 months ago neither of my children (or Dave or I) had any allergies at all but suddenly Phoebe started reacting to the soap, shampoo, itchy bites etc. The poor thing is sitting on the couch covered in Calamine Lotion and very quiet. I don't know what she came into contact with but luckily it seems to have finally slowed down. So bizarre!!

Take care
Shona

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Shona. Love the bouquet. Great CAS card.

    I hope Phoebe is OK. Will say a little prayer for her tonight. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay SHONA!!!! Happy World Card Making Day!!!!! IT is late in the evening, but I HAD to pop by see you !! Lovely CAS card, perfection for both challenges and so happy that Virginia will see it too, love the colors MUCH!! So overjoyed to see you join in MUSE this week for my Guest spot Challenge, Yahoo! Have a great rest of the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are really beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Shona - I just adore your pretty flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab stamping Shona and great take on Kimberly's card. I hope Phoebe is feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely stamping! Love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Shona ... such gorgeous flowers! Hope Phoebe's feeling much better! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the variations in colours on both the little blossoms and the leaves! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Shona! Hope Phoebe's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stamping, Shona! Love the cascade of flowers. I hope Phoebe is feeling better - sounds like a nasty reaction, poor lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you built up your image with all the ditsy flowers and leaves. Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great thoase bold-coloured flowers! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete