Sunday 5 October 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 31

What an amazing time I've been having today, looking at all the inspirational cards made for World Card Making Day and entering prizes all over the show. Such a brilliant idea to celebrate our wonderful hobby, wish I could have spent the whole day crafting!!





This room is so colourful and chic, don't you think?? Its the gorgeous inspiration photo at Cure for the Monday Blues this week. The yellow bedspread jumped out at me straight away, as well as the pillows with the pink edges. Here is what I came up with at 2am this morning:



Isn't it always a relief when you compare you card to the photo and can see the inspiration??? Thank goodness, as at 2am in the morning I'm never quite sure if I'm thinking straight or not.....

I chose the yellow paper to reflect the bedspread and used a stitched-curved die to shape the bottom. This was adhered straight to the card base. I then die-cut the stitched rectangle and also used the same curved die to make it smaller. To reflect the pillows with the pink edge, I cut a piece of hot pink paper to be slightly larger to sit underneath. After stamping on the sentiment I adhered it to the pink paper with foam tape. 

I also heat embossed in Silver the 'Be kind' stamp and cut out by hand. A scattering of sequins (I used the aqua because on the bed is a gorgeous pillow with aqua accents) and all is done. I think it looks pretty good for an early morning design.

The yellow paper is from Echo Park 'Sweet Girl'. The pink paper from Lawn Fawn 'Let's Polka'. The rectangle and curved metal stitched dies are from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the sequins. The sentiment stamps are from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters'.

As I've used stamping and embossing on this card, I'm going to enter the challenge at Stamplorations where their theme for the month of October is 'stamping and embossing:




We are off to have dinner with my Mum tonight and she always makes roast chicken, which is everyone's favourite. And she always tries out a new dessert recipe on us, which we don't mind at all. I'm so glad we are close by with her being on her own now and I'm sure she appreciates it too. So will come home tonight happy and heavier!

Take care
Shona

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Shona ... such a perfect take on the inspiration ... love that N&T sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design - I can definitely see the inspiration photo in the elements you have used! I don't know how you keep crafting into the early hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 a.m. And what do your cards at 8 p.m. look like? This is adorable and so well done. Love the sprinkling of sequins. Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect choice of patterned paper to evoke the duvet, and I *love* how you matted your sentiment piece with the hot pink cardstock to resemble that pillow! No worries at all about your interpretation matching the inspiration - it's a dead ringer! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, I like the embossed sentiment in siver :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete