Thursday 15 May 2014

Retro Sketches Challenge # 114

Over at the Retro Sketches Challenge they had a fantastic sketch that I loved straight away.
I had fifty million ideas for this one floating around in my head (no wonder I can't remember my own name half the time....) but this one came to me while looking through my stamps.
I haven't used my Glossy Accents for weeks, so thought it was about time I gave it a run. An extremely simple card and didn't even use any enamel dots which is very rare for me. I basically just stamped the heart, used my Wink of Stella and then covered in the Glossy Accents. The hearts were then popped up on some foam tape. Done!

The heart is from Lawn Fawn 'Woodgrain Backdrops' and the sentiment from  Simon Says Stamps but I don't know which set its from as I bought it second hand.

I'm also going to link this with the challenge at CAS On Sunday #33 as their sketch was quite similar.

The dogs are sitting right beside me, begging to get going for a walk. I'm starving but I don't think they will let me eat. Have to change my route today as Bella found a lovely dead rat in the grass and rolled all over it. You can imagine the lovely smell I had to drive home with yesterday....yuck! Thank goodness my children don't do that sort of thing too!

Take care
Shona



 

6 comments:

  1. Simple. Clean. No sentiment needed but still has it. WOWZER. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great CAS card and take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is your car ever clean and professional looking. Those enamel hearts look amazing. I wish I could do that with the glossy accents - mine always look warped! You need to come teach me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisp, simple, clean and fabulous, Shona ... gorgeous GA'd and WoS'd hearts! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was actually that gorgeous sentiment that caught my eye and now that I've seen those gorgeous hearts up close, I'm so glad I came to have a look. Great CAS design.

    ReplyDelete