Saturday 3 May 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #15

I'm Back..........Its been two weeks since I designed and made any cards and finally felt well enough last night to make some. It felt so good to get out all my crafting goodies and have a play. Looking at all the blogs I follow over the past fortnight has certainly been inspiring. There are some genius crafters out there!!!

Taheerah at Cure for the Monday Blues must have wondered what happened to me last week as I have become a regular participant since she started her challenge. As usual she had an amazing photo for inspiration this week:
The first thing I spotted was the lines of gold and colours going down the middle of the table. Then I saw the gorgeous perspex chair and that got me thinking about clear acetate, so......
I decided to do a clear window in the front of the card (like the chair) and added strips of paper in gold and similar colours to the table in the photo. A few pops of colour with the enamel dots and gold glitter washi, and I was done.

I really love this card. As you can imagine this was very hard to photograph, so my son Max held it closed so you can see what its like:
And this photo will give you view of the inside of the card:
The papers are from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. The enamel dots and gold glitter washi from Papervine. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'Hip Hip'.

I've decided to enter this into a few other challenges as well. Over at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog they have a 'One Layer Wonder' challenge. And also at Artful Crafts they have an 'Anything Goes' challenge for the month.

Must have some dinner before I forget. Gardened for 5 hours today and loved every minute. So nice to feel normal and healthy again!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

7 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! Clear acetate can be a challenge. You handled this card wonderfully. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling yourself again, Shona ... and that you're back with such an amazing card! What great elements you picked out from the inspiration photo ... the acetate card front is so inspired ... and you know I'm going to love those gorgeous stripes! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, soooo creative!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and festive card you made! I love it, it is so stinkin' creative too. Hope you are feeling better, so nice to see your card today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have used the clear on this! AWEsome! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, I missed you last week! I'm so glad you're feeling better now Shona and hope you're back to 100% now! This beauty is simply stunning - the chair backs really had me inspired too but I didn't have the time I needed to work on my original idea! Your take is so striking with the stripes on the inside too! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues - I'm so happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea using the clear panel. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete