Monday 26 May 2014

Color Throwdown Challenge # 293

I think this is my 3rd post for the day (have lost count.....), so you can imagine I had alot of fun at my Mum's house crafting away.

I thought I would give the color combo a go for the Color Throwdown Challenge. I love light blue and green but never use orange, so this would get me out of my comfort zone...boy did it what!
 I decided to try layering the die-cut hello, as I've seen it done so well on other challenges and tutorials. I put a layer of white cardstock between the blue/green paper and the orange, seemed to break it up a bit. It was rather fiddly with the gluing but turned out okay.
I wanted to keep the card pretty clean so just added thin strips of the same papers underneath. Very simple but boy does that orange colour pop!!

The papers are from Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods', metal die 'hello' from The Crafters Workshop and enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this card to the Less is More Challenge # 173 where they are wanting cards that have 'dies' used on them.

One more post and then I'm done for the day. Its 5.30pm Monday here and I need to start getting dinner ready and do something with all my cold but not dry washing. My house always turns into a laundromat at this time of year, with clothes and towels hanging off everything. Thank goodness we have a good log fire so it dries overnight. Just have to be careful though of where my 'underthings' are hanging when visitors call........

Take care
Shona



 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that orange really pops, Shona ... love how you've layered the hello to soften it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you layered the sentiment...this is such a wonderful CAS design!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona...I love your card! What a fun and fabulous way to say hello and in the best color too. Orange is so bright and cheerful...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete