Tuesday 20 May 2014

CASE Study Challenge # 191

A very brisk start to the day today, definitely feeling like Winter is getting closer and closer. I'm certainly a summer person but there is nothing like coming home at the end of the day, putting on my pj's and snuggling with the kids by the fire.

Over at the CASE Study Challenge Wida Millar is the Muse for the month of May. We had another stunning card of hers to give us inspiration.
This is so gorgeous and love the flowers, especially the way they pop in red. As you all know I don't have any flower stamps or dies (or butterflies!), so this was a bit tricky.
I wanted a different way to represent the 'thankyou' die cuts, so decided to die cut the 'hello' and just place white card stock behind it. Also if you look closely behind the flowers, you will see there are a few circles in green, teal and red. I made these the focal point of the card (popped up on foam tape) and think I even used the same blue paper! Its incredibly simple but hopefully you will see her card somehow represented in mine.

The 'hello' metal die is from The Crafters Workshop. The green and red papers are from Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love' and the teal paper from Echo Park 'So Happy Together'.

Back to domestic chores...washing out, vacuum up tonnes of blonde dog hair and new sheets on the beds. Wish I could click my fingers and have it all done so I could sit down and craft....oh well, dreams are free...thank goodness!!

Take care
Shona

 

2 comments:

  1. This is just so fun! I love your balloon bouquet and your sweet hello. Your colors are so sweet too, a perfect card in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've gone beyond the obvious and chosen the circles to focus on, Shona ... this is so crisp and fresh and fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete