Sunday 20 April 2014

Colour Me.....! Challenge #16

Its been a busy day here today with mounds of chocolate, getting caught in rain and then 2 hours at the skatepark (where I finally skateboarded..yippee!!). Hopefully we will all sleep quietly tonight.
These are such beautiful, subtle colours this week I just couldn't help but play along. They always have the most gorgeous colour combo's each week at Colour Me....! Challenge, must be so much fun choosing the colour mix each week. I did struggle to find the right colours in my papers but think I've found as close as I can.
I really liked these colours together and thought my mum would too, so that's why it became a Mother's Day card. It took a while to find the right dark coral paper but found light and dark coral in the Carta Bella 'Hello Again' collection. I thought this graphic pattern in the background would stand out but also be softened by the light green and pink. I popped up the green and sentiment banner with foam tape to give it a variety of layers.

The pale green and pale pink (hearts) are both from Echo Park 'Dots and Stripes'. The sentiment is from Rosie's Studio.

Its 6.31pm and Dave has been trying to cook our large chicken for dinner since just after 4pm. I have been having problems with the temperature gauge in our oven not heating up enough and he didn't believe me.....he believes me now! I'm not expecting a moist, tender chicken but its just nice to have Dave cook for the family. Will chew away with a smile on my face......

Take care
Shona

 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely! Those patterned papers together are just right! Hopefully your chicken was 'just right' as well! Thanks for playing along at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always use DP so beautifully, Shona ... this is lovely ... a perfect combination for Mother's Day! Hope the chicken wasn't too chewy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout you used and those sweet enamel dots :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so behind in commenting...I made sure to add your blog to my feedly so I will always be up to date and current on commenting. This is so sweet and just so perfect for Mother's Day, love your patterned paper too, just to cute. And you skateboard???? oh my goodness, you are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete