Thursday 21 November 2013

More cards from Holiday Card Workshop - Day 4


Well, I managed to stay up till 1am this morning and try out some more cards from the workshop Day 4. Shari Carroll had a card where she stamped the word 'peace' over two pieces of paper (with a slight gap inbetween). I couldn't quite get the pieces to sit where I wanted, got up to get a drink and came back to see the paper sitting in this position. I loved it!! So popped in a silver brad and stamped from there. Have used papers all from Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love' yet again.

Now, the wonderful Kristina Werner had a video on stamping with the 'back' of your stamps. I thought this was great as I don't have any straight line stamps (and really want to try plaid stamping) so gave it a go with the 'Be Merry' stamp.'

Well, I won't show you the photos but it was a disaster! Found it so hard to get the stamp straight and sometimes the stamp would stick to the page and come off the stamp block, very frustrating. So.....




as I was playing around with red ink (my hands are still stained....), I turned the stamp over and tried stamping it like a candy cane. I used the Fiskars Large stamp thing with foam feet (sorry, can't remember the name) and that helped me keep the same distance between each stamp. Its a bit rustic but really like it.

Now have sick husband and sick 8yr old daughter at home. Will be another late night as I tackle Day 5. Hopefully will have some cards to show you tomorrow.

Take care
Shona
 



No comments:

Post a Comment